Developers have previewed the new operating system and several features include an extended battery life, overhauled app permissions, the “Now on Tap” tool, fingerprint support, App links, and automatic backup.
- Nexus: The developer preview is available for the Nexus 5 phones, Nexus 6 phones, and Nexus 9. According to Tech Times, Nexus will debut the operating system by the end of September.
- Samsung: Earlier this year, tech blog YouMobile announced that Samsung devices would be receiving the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update in the first few months of 2016. Keep in mind that many Samsung phones have yet to receive the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update. Gadgets that are slated for the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update are the Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note 5.
- LG: The LG G3 never received the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update and will be reportedly getting updated directly to the Marshmallow operating system.
- Motorola: The new Android operating system will be available on the Motorola Moto X Style, Droid Turbo, and Moto G. Reports suggest that the system will be available by late 2015 or early 2016.
- HTC: The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update will be released to the HTC One M9 phone and two other handsets from the Taiwanese smartphone maker.
- Sony: TechRadar reports that several Sony devices (e.g. Sony Xperia Z3+, Sony Xperie Z3, Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet) will be receiving the Android update.