How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Nexus Smartphone : For All Nexus Phones
How to get the Android M developer preview 3 :
Flashing Android M couldn't be simpler. The final Android M preview, which has a build number of MPA44G, works just like any other Nexus factory image – you simply download the file and flash it.
- Download ADB Tools her and unpack the zip file
- Download Android M preview for your Nexus (and unpack it in the ADB Tools folder):
- Nexus 5 | Nexus 6 | Nexus 9 | Nexus Player
- An unlocked bootloader
- USB Debugging enabled
- The relevant drivers installed on your computer
Install Android M on your Nexus now
1. Turn your Nexus off.
2. Press and hold Power and Volume Down to restart your Nexus to the bootloader (see image below).
3. Connect your Nexus to your computer with a USB cable.
4. Open a Windows Explorer window and find the unpacked firmware you downloaded to the ADB Tools folder.
5. Double click the flash-all.bat file and let it do its thing.
6. Your Nexus will reboot and be running the Android M preview, version 3. If it doesn't, check the troubleshooting section below.
Flash-all.bat does the work for you: you can just sit back and enjoy Android M. / © ANDROIDPIT
If you have a problem before installation, make sure you have USB Debugging enabled and an unlocked bootloader, as described in the linked guide above.
If you get stuck in a bootloop (your Nexus sticks on the loading screen at startup), you can try to clear the cache partition first by going back to the bootloader and using the volume keys to enter Recovery Mode (use the Power button to confirm your selection). Once you've wiped the cache partition you can try to reboot.
If you still don't get past the boot screen, go back to Recovery and select Wipe data/Factory reset and press the Power button to confirm. This should clear things right up.
If you get an error message in the command prompt window telling you you're missing the system.img file, do the following: unpack the image.zip file as well and copy and paste those files into the same place as the rest of the unpacked files (this should be the ADB Tools folder alongside the as adb.exe and fastboot.exe).
Then, open a command window (hold Shift and right click, select 'Open command window here') and enter the following commands:
- fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader-filename>.img
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash cache cache.img
- fastboot flash vendor vendor.img