Officially announced at the Google I/O conference in May, the next big OS update is called Android 6.0 Marshmallow, which will roll out this autumn with many new features.
Personalized app permissions, Android Pay, new Fingerprint features, Doze mode for prolonged battery life, Chrome Custom Tabs, Google Now on Tap, redesigned app drawer, multi-window, etc. are few of the new features.
If you are an Android user, you might want to know is your device is compatible or not for Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. Final preview version of Android 6.0 is now available for Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player you can download it from here. And the final OTA update is expected to arrive sometime in the autumn on below devices.
1. Google Nexus phones: Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Nexus 4 (probably) and the upcoming Nexus 5 2015 & Nexus 6 2015.
2. Motorola phones: Moto X (2014), Moto X Play, Moto X Style, Droid Turbo, and Moto G 2nd & 3rd Gen.
3. Samsung Phones: Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy Note 4 (probably), and Galaxy Note 5
4. Sony phones: Sony C5 Ultra, Xperia M5, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Plus, Xperia Z4, and the new Xperia Z5 & Z5 Premium
5. Google Android One series: Micromax Canvas A1, Karbonn Sparkle V, Lava Iris Pixel v1, Spice Dream Uno (all are in India), Infinix Hot 2 (Africa), Nexian Journey One (Indonesia), etc.
6. HTC phones: HTC Desire 820 series, HTC Desire Eye, HTC E9, HTC E9 Plus, HTC One E8, HTC One M8 and HTC One M9
7. LG Phones: LG Flex, Flex 2, LG G2, G2 Pro, LG G3 and the new LG G4
8. OnePlus smartphone: Oneplus 1 and Oneplus 2 (both Oxygen OS & Hydrogen OS)
@sonsonnetwork @HTCUSA Thanks Pierrette! Appreciate your support. Yes, the M8 will receive the M OS update.
— Mo Versi (@moversi) June 30, 2015
It’s new list if you don’t find your phone in this list you can look at this old list your phone might listed there.
Note: I know the above list is incomplete. But Once the new list or any other informations will be availble I will update it here.